Top Premier League news stories from 2021:
- Manchester City were crowned Premier League champions for the third time in four seasons after finishing the campaign with a record-equalling 32 victories.
- Liverpool finished the season in second place, securing their place in the Champions League for the next campaign.
- Manchester United secured a top-four finish, qualifying for the Champions League for the first time in four years.
- Arsenal missed out on European qualification for the first time in 25 years, finishing in eighth place.
- Leeds United and West Ham United both had impressive campaigns, finishing in the top half of the table in their first seasons back in the top flight.
- Aston Villa avoided relegation on the final day of the season, while Fulham and West Bromwich Albion were relegated to the Championship.
- The Premier League announced plans to introduce a new European Super League, which caused widespread controversy and was eventually scrapped.
- There were several high-profile managerial changes, with Thomas Tuchel replacing Frank Lampard at Chelsea and Carlo Ancelotti returning to Everton.
- The Premier League continued to be affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, with matches being played behind closed doors and some fixtures being postponed or rescheduled.