If you plan to shop online on Cyber Monday this year, it pays to plan ahead as best you can. Below is a look at what you can expect from this year’s Cyber Monday sales and what deals you should keep an eye out for in 2022.
Cyber Monday 2022 in a nutshell
Cyber Monday began as a way for online merchants to leverage the same shopping boost that physical stores were getting during Black Friday. It has since become one of the most popular shopping days of the year as more and more people have switched from shopping in person to shopping online. These days, virtually every major retailer participates in Cyber Monday sales with some online stores like Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy often extending those sales throughout the week. So what was once just Cyber Monday has become Cyber Week.
When is Cyber Monday 2022?
This year Cyber Monday will officially take place on Monday 28 November. The first Monday after Thanksgiving is the day online retailers traditionally offer the best Cyber Monday deals. That said, many of Monday’s biggest retailer discounts will likely be similar to Black Friday, and there will be some weekend overlap between the two sales days. Expect Cyber Monday deals to start on Amazon starting Saturday 26 November.
Cyber Monday vs Black Friday: What’s the difference?
The major difference between Cyber Monday and Black Friday was that Cyber Monday deals were entirely online rather than in-store. Now that most retailers have moved to an online sales platform, however, this difference has become much less apparent. There are still many local stores that will have Black Friday sales that you can’t get online, but if you’re shopping on Amazon you should be able to find similar deals on both shopping days.
Where Black Friday and Cyber Monday differ the most in 2022 is the timing. If you don’t want to bother with holiday shopping over Thanksgiving weekend, it can be easier to wait until Monday and get similar discounts. However, some of the deals that occur on Black Friday may have ended before Monday arrives.
What deals to expect from Cyber Monday 2022
Many of the best deals for Cyber Monday 2022 will likely be on consumer electronics. There will be a plethora of deals on 4K TVs, laptops, PC components and more from various retailers. You can also look forward to further discounts on games left over from Black Friday on PS5, Xbox and Nintendo Switch games and accessories. Here’s a quick rundown of what to expect from each of the major retailers.
Amazon’s Cyber Monday Sale
A full Amazon Black Friday sale is already underway, but that hasn’t stopped the retailer from announcing some of the deals that will be available during Amazon’s Cyber Monday sales. According to a press release from the retailer, the biggest discounts will be on Alex-enabled devices, Ring security cameras, and top-brand headsets. There will also be discounts on home appliances like coffee makers, air fryers, and more.
When does the Amazon Cyber Monday sale start? Amazon’s 3-day Cyber Monday event kicks off on Saturday, November 26 with new deals dropping all weekend long.
Walmart Cyber Monday Sale
Walmart’s Black Friday deals have started in earnest, but if you’re already looking ahead to Cyber Monday, you’ll want to bookmark Walmart’s Cyber Monday page. While Walmart hasn’t yet provided a preview of what will be on sale, the retail giant has a history of doing good deals on TVs, headphones, and Apple products during this time. You can also expect some solid discounts on robot vacuums and kitchen appliances throughout the week.
When do the Walmart Cyber Monday sale start? Walmart will begin offering Cyber Monday deals starting Sunday, November 27 at 7:00 PM ET.
Best Buy Cyber Monday Sale
You can already shop Best Buy’s Black Friday deals right now, however, the electronics retailer always has a good Cyber Monday sale as well. Expect discounts on TVs, Apple devices, laptops, PCs, and pretty much anything that runs on electricity. There will also likely be some ongoing deals on Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch games and accessories throughout the week.
When does the Best Buy Cyber Monday sale start? Best Buy will begin offering Cyber Monday deals starting Sunday, November 27 for My Best Buy members.
Dell Cyber Monday Sale
Dell’s Black Friday sale kicked off earlier this year with deals on laptops, PCs, and even game consoles. Like most computer brands, however, Cyber Monday tends to be when they offer some of the biggest discounts. You can expect sales of gaming laptops and PCs with RTX 30-series GPUs during this period, as well as good laptops for work.
When does the Dell Cyber Monday Sale start? We don’t yet know an exact date for when Dell’s Cyber Monday deals will begin, but they will most likely begin on Sunday, November 27, or Cyber Monday proper in 2022.
Cyber Monday 2022 tips and tricks
Here are some general tips for saving money (and not spending also a lot) on Cyber Monday or any sales event!
- Keep an eye out for Cyber Monday announcements and previews: Big retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, and Target will release previews for Cyber Monday, usually before Black Friday even begins.
- Check the sale prices. Not sure if the deal you’re looking at is a good one? If the deal is on Amazon, check out camelcamelcamel.com. This site tracks Amazon prices and lets you see how much the price has dropped in the past. You can check historical prices on almost any item on Amazon. If the deal you’re considering isn’t on Amazon, check with other retailers to see how much it costs there. This will give you an idea of whether or not this is a good deal.
- Don’t sit too long on a great deal. Many of the best Cyber Monday deals will sell out quickly, so if you see a particularly good deal on an item you want and it fits your budget, hop on it before it sells out.
- Set a budget. If money is limited, you will definitely want to set a budget so that you don’t get carried away with expenses when you see the offers.
- Make a list. Simple enough, but If you’re doing your holiday shopping on Cyber Monday, it’s always helpful to have a list of people you plan to buy gifts for. The idea is to set limits and not buy more than you need to.
- Use price matching. More often than not, retailers like Walmart, Best Buy, and Amazon match other retailers’ prices. If you find a good deal somewhere but want to buy it from a different retailer, be sure to check if they will match that price there.